JOINT EXPEDITIONARY COMMAND AND CONTROL (JEXC2)
TECHNICAL ENGINEERING SUPPORT FOR INTEGRATION AND PRODUCTION OF JOINT EXPEDITIONARY COMMAND AND CONTROL (JEXC2) SYSTEM INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND COMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT
Task Order: N00178-04-D-4044-HR03
11/1/2016 - 10/31/2017
1 – Year Base plus Four - 1 year options
Ceiling Value $23,005,378.54
This Task Order falls under the SeaPort-E Multiple Award Contract. Under this task order, EPS is considered a large business and will provide support to the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Panama City Division (NSWC PCD). EPS’ responsibilities include technical and engineering support of JEXC2 Integration and Installation (I&I) and production of Information Technology (IT) and Communication Equipment. Support the sustainment of existing and future deployed JEXC2 (and variants) equipment and production and delivery of new systems and Technical Refresh and Insertion equipment.
JEXC2 is a critical Acquisition Category (ACAT) Information Assurance Manager (IAM). JEXC2 is a complex acquisition program involving not only new technology but also the utilization and integration of numerous systems, software applications, databases, and hardware products and processes from multiple Services and other Agencies. It has interfaces to U.S. National, Allied, Coalition (multinational), and Joint organizations, and reach back support systems and sources of information, procedures, and personnel. The program employs a spiral development process in order to take advantage of technology upgrades and evolving non-developmental military and commercially available equipment. JEXC2 development leverages the capabilities of existing C2 systems, Advanced Concept Technology Demonstrations (ACTD), and other advanced technology projects. The full-sized JEXC2 System consists of a core of various Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) subsystems and networks with accompanying infrastructure; communications equipment; a Rapid Response Kit (RRK) with a smaller footprint; a Maritime Variant for shipboard use, Autonomous Undersea Weapon System (AUWS). New variants are being developed for specific use of Marine Corps Forces Central Command (MARCENT), Naval Forces Central Command (NAVCENT), Mobile Landing Platform (MLP), Naval Expeditionary Combat Command (NECC) and other agencies as the need arises. Integration of the numerous subsystems and components is a major consideration of each increment as it is designed and developed; incremental testing is used to identify risks early in the production cycle. Each deliverable system is thoroughly tested before it is packaged for shipment to the Geographic Combat Commander (GCC) and again after delivery.
THE TASKING CONSISTS OF THE FOLLOWING:
3.1 Task Area # 1 – Information Technology (IT) Engineering Support for Operation and Maintenance of Systems
- Provide technical program support for the JEXC2 IT management
3.2 Task Area # 2 – Network Engineering, Integration Installation, and Operation and Maintenance Support of Systems
- Provide technical engineering support to configure JEXC2 networks to integrate selected C4I systems for production models. The Non-classified IP Router Network (NIPRNET), Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET) and Coalition networks and the Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communication System (JWICS) are being used.
- Provide support in managing network structures; T&E of JEXC2 network configurations; and operation and maintenance of JEXC2 networks.
- Install hardware, program all network equipment and troubleshoot any network problems.
3.3 Task Area # 3 – Communications and Network Engineering Support for Procurement Operations and Maintenance of Systems and Research and Development Tasks
- Provide technical engineering support to the Government lead IT/Comms Engineering team to coordinate interfaces to communications external to the Expeditionary Warfare Integration Facility (EWIF) JEXC2 Expeditionary Test Range (DET G) and other JEXC2 test locations. Communication equipment includes, but is not limited to, radios, multiplexers, encryption equipment, modems, and satellite terminals.
- Provide design, integration, and T & E support to RDT&E tasks
- Provide support in designing and redesigning system interfaces, Defense Information Systems Network-Tactical Edge (DISN-TE), installing hardware and establishing interfaces with these communications systems as well as troubleshooting network connectivity issues.
3.3.1 Mission Planner Support Operation and Maintenance Support of Systems
- Provide a mission planner to support setting up JEXC2 communication systems
3.3.2 Telephone Switching Engineering Support for Procurement of Systems and Components and Operations and Maintenance of Systems
- Provide technical engineering support to the Communications Engineering team to coordinate interfaces to telephone switching and communications efforts for the JEXC2 system
3.4 Task Area # 4– IT/Comms T&E Support for Procurement of Systems and Components
- Support to include test planning and preparation, equipment operation during testing, data collection, reporting
3.4.1 Detailed Test Conduct and Evaluation Support
For more information on JEXC2 Awards and Mods.
- Provide test planning and coordination support and services